Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Vintage Leaves

Happy Wednesday and last day of September!

I can't even believe that we are closing out another month already.  I can't seem to grasp how quickly the days are going.  I am so sad to see summer go, but in my area, the temperature is still in the 80's most days, so I can't really get into the Fall spirit.  As much as I love spring and summer, I do have to admit that I love when you get that crisp air and all the leave start changing colors.  After than, you can make is spring again ;o).  This girl DOES NOT LIKE COLD!  So, in the spirit of the Fall season, I have a couple of projects to share with you...


This first project is a little treat box that I made with the idea of using it with a Thanksgiving Place setting.  The idea is that instead of stamping the sentiment, you write your guest's name on the leaf and place it on the table.  You could fill it with a little before or after dinner treat.  Here is the video I posted earlier this week on how I made this box.


My second project is a card that coordinates with the box, but can definitely be used all on it's own.  I love the Leaflets framelits.  They cut the most beautiful shaped leaves.  I stamped the background in Crumbcake ink, put a strip of the Into the Woods DSP in the center and layered onto a piece of Tangelo Twist.  Then I cut the maple leave with Tangelo Twist, stamped it with the Grateful for you Sentiment from For All Things and let it take center stage on the front of my card.  I love how vibrant the colors are in the DSP which ties so nicely with the Tangelo Twist leaf.  Here is a quick video showing how I made this card:



Well, that is all for me today.  As always, all the supplies can be purchased from my online store by clicking the link on the right.  Thanks for stopping by and see you back here soon!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment