Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blackberry Bliss Texture

I have been wanting to try this technique for a while.  A very hot trend is using texture paste, embossing paste, or what I have used, modeling paste.  I think they all have slightly different uses and properties.  I happened to find this flexible modeling paste at my local big box craft store.

There are several ways to use this product.  I chose to color the paste with my Blackberry Bliss ink (one of my favorite of all the colors).  I grabbed a piece of plastic, applied my ink pad directly to the plastic, took a dollop of the paste and mixed into the ink with a palette knife (I used a cheap one that came with my daughter's paint kit).  After mixing the paste and ink, I applied a thin coating to my card base which was taped to my work surface with the Dots Stencil taped on top.  The key is to make sure you get good coverage but only leave a very thin layer.  Remove the stencil and immediately wash it along with your tools to keep it from causing any damage to your stencil.  It easily washed off with soap and water, then left it to air dry. I let the card sit for about 10 min to dry while I was cleaning up my work surface and tools and then for good measure zapped it briefly with my heat gun to make sure it was good and dry.  I wish I could capture on camera the texture that this paste gave the dots...when you run your fingers across the dots if feels almost like velvet.  SO COOL!  To finish off the card I took a 1" strip of Black cardstock, my Chalk Talk Stamp Set and coordinating framelits and circle punch and this card was DONE!  I love the color and feel of this card.  Very basic design, but the texture was a hit for me.  I don't think I would recommend this technique as a one layer card unless you are using watercolor paper as the paste seems to have a bit of liquid in it and tends to warp the Whisper White cardstock.  If layering, no problem, enough adhesive or dimensionals will straighten it right out.  I have linked all the supplies I used below.  And the Liquitex Flexible Light Modeling Paste I used can be found at any of the big box craft stores.  I hope  you will give this technique a try, it really is a very cool effect.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you come back soon.  Until next time....

Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment