Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Modern Mosaic Poinsettia

Wow, is it Wednesday already?  I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by.  The Holiday Catalog goes live very soon, and I have finalized my order and should be getting it soon so that I can start sharing some of the new product.  Looking at all the new holiday product made me want to do something holiday themed.  Yes I know it is only August, and I promise to keep the holiday posts to a minimum until we get closer, but it is never really too early to get started on holiday cards.  So for today's card, I was inspired to try and use what I have since I don't have my new stuff yet.

Poinsettia made with Stampin'Up! Mosaic Punch
What do you think?  I love this!  I had come across a flower on Pintrest using the Mosaic Punch and I thought in a different color it would look a lot like a poinsettia flower.  I used Blackberry Bliss cardstock (which is one of my most favorite colors) for the flower petals and Mossy Meadow for the leaves.  I wanted to add a little sparkle to the flower and used my versamark and rubbed it on the edges of the flower, then added the Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  Gave the petals a little pinch to make them more dimensional.  To make the leaves, I used the largest leaf from the flower fair framelits, folded them in half and ran them through my woodgrain embossing folder.  To make them pop a little, I sponged on some of the Mossy Meadow ink.  I didn't want to take away from the flower, but felt the Whisper White card base need something, so I stamped the snowflakes and sentiment from the Endless Wishes set.  The snowflakes are stamped in Sahara Sand with a touch of dazzling details on top to give them a little sparkle, and the sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso.  The inside sentiment says Christmas Cheer which is also stamped in Early Espresso.  I am really happy with how this turned out and think I will do a set with different color poinsettia's.  This would be such an easy card to mass produce.  Hope this inspires you to start creating something from your current stash of supplies.  All of these supplies with the exception of the Endless Wishes Stamp set are currently available for purchase, you can click on any of the links below and it will take you to my store.

Until next time....

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment