Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Flower Patch Birthday Card

Happy Bloomin Wednesday!

Today's card features probably one of my most favorite stamp sets, Flower Patch by Stampin' Up!  The Flower Patch flowers cut out using the matching flower fair framelits take center stage in this Blooming Birthday Card.  I know this has been done already as I have seen many examples on Pintrest, but I used the Hardwood background stamp to create slats on a fence and wanted the flowers to be peeking through like it would through a fence.  When I was growing up, we had a fence like this and the neighbor's roses always grew through the sides of the open slats in the fence. It was always so pretty.

Flower Patch by Stampin' Up!

Details:

Stamped the hardwood background onto a piece of Soft Suede cardstock and then clear embossed it and cut into strips for the fence. On Whisper White cardstock I stamped the images from the Flower Patch stamp set then cut out with coordinating framelits.  On another piece of Whisper White cut at 4 1/4 x 5 1/4, I sponged Pistachio pudding on to the bottom 3/4th of the card and then sponged Soft Sky onto the top.  I stamped the birthday greeting at the top slightly to the left in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then attached the various pieces using Snail and dimensionals.  For a finishing touch, I punched out a bitty butterfly from Blackberry bliss cardstock and added several rhinestones for a little sparkle.  The whole piece was then put onto a Blackberry Bliss Card base cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 using dimensionals.  All the supplies used are linked below.

Until next time...have a great day!

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment