Friday, August 29, 2014

Fun Friday...Halloween Treat Holders and Crafting with Kids

Happy Friday!  As promised, I have a 3D project for you.  It has been a crazy week around here.  Kids go back to school on Tuesday and we have been getting ready this week.  Can I tell you if I don't see the mall for another 6 months it will be too soon.  However, with the holiday's around the corner I know I won't be so lucky.  Anyway, the holiday catalog went live yesterday and I am so excited that these products are now available for everyone.  This catalog has to be one of my favorites.  I am not a huge Halloween fan, but I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.  So my first instinct was to start creating Christmas projects (I will admit, I did create a Christmas project first, but I won't post it until later).  I am stepping out of my comfort zone and starting with Halloween.

As I was trying to decide what to do with this box (I will have an upcoming video on how to create this box), my son was hovering asking if he could help.  I don't usually craft while they are around for many reasons, but typically I need to be undisturbed and free to create without having to tend to the typical mommy issues.  Anyway, rather than sending him away, I thought it would be nice to let him sit with me and help.  So while my samples might have a few smudges or be a little off center, it is a memory with my son that we will both have for years to come.

Stampin'Up Fall Fest Candy Popper

Stampin'Up! Fall Fest Goodie Box

Stampin'Up Fall Fest Stamp Set
The box opens like a pizza box and measures 3 3/4 x 3 x 1.5.  Nice size box for a handful of goodies.  The candy popper was made with the envelope punch board and measures 6 x 1.  Both use the Flower Pot DSP and the pumpkins from the new Fall Fest Stamp Set which I stamped in Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow Ink.  The Sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen Stamp Set.

I hope you will give these a try, all the supplies I used are listed below and can be ordered by clicking on the images.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you come again.  Until next time...

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment